Although many homeowners are moving away from tubs in 2018, there's just something about soaking in a luxurious tub after a hectic day that is irreplaceable.
When beginning a remodel, the question is what type of tub is right for you: built-in or freestanding?
There are pros and cons for each type of tub, and we want to give you a quick rundown on both to make your decision process more manageable.
Let’s start off with Built-in tubs!
● Although all tubs vary in price, built-in tubs tend to be less expensive compared to freestanding tubs.
● Built-in tubs allow for more storage room for your toiletries since they mount on the walls.
● These tubs are easier to clean. They have fewer cracks and crevices you have to get into which makes for a painless cleaning.
● A downside of a built-in tub is the limited placement since it has to be against a wall usually in a corner.
● The style of built-in tubs is also limited, so if you want to show off a particular style this could restrict you.
Now, let’s move onto Freestanding Tubs!
● Let’s start off with the look as a significant positive to choose a freestanding tub! These tubs are a beautiful, unique piece to add to a bathroom
● Freestanding tubs can be placed anywhere in the bathroom since it the walls don't restrict its placement
● Freestanding tubs are stunning, but they are generally more expensive than built-in tubs.
● With a shower-tub combo, a built-in is the more practical option to prevent water splashing out of the tub and to prevent slipping
Now that you have a better idea of the pros & cons of both tubs, give us a call at 210-680-5626 so we can update your bathroom!
----KM Builders is San Antonio’s premier design-build remodeler specializing in kitchens, bathrooms, room additions and whole-house remodeling. We boast the largest in-house staff in San Antonio offering architectural design, interior design, and cabinet design for all your home remodeling needs!