“Do I really need a bathtub in my house?” That is a question a lot of homeowners are asking nowadays.
Traditionally, 1 tub in a home been the standard, but many people are now opting for just 1 or no bathtubs at all! In 2018, more and more people and are choosing showers over bathtubs but it can still be a struggle for homeowners to confidently decide to let go of the bathtub altogether.
We want to try and make the decision easier for you by compiling a pros and cons list when deciding on bathtubs vs. showers. Let’s get started!
- Some people prefer to bath babies in a bathtub rather than a sink.
- You can soak
- You may have a desire to have a bath every now and then
- Losing popularity in past years
- Takes up a lot of space
- Dangerous to step in and out of tub
- Requires lots of water
- A risk of drowning
- Higher risk of scalding since you are right underneath the faucet
- Texture in the bathtub makes it easy to slip
- Worse resell value vs. shower
- Popular in 2018
- Uses less water
- Better texture. So, it’s more slip-resistant compared to a bathtub
- Better Resell Value vs. bathtub
- You can create a bench in the shower
- Easy access for people with mobility issues
- Babies can get showered with a handheld
- Unable to soak
- Unable to take a bath
- Not practical for people with small children
In 2018, having no bathtubs will not hurt the resale value of your home! Nowadays, it is best to invest in a nice walk-in shower which can accommodate anyone with mobility issues and small children!